Hi, my name is Poppy and I am a counsellor working in Longfield (Kent). I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS). This means that I agree and abide by the code of ethics established by them, which can be found here; https://www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org/about-us/code-of-ethics/
Through personal experience I fully understand how challenging it can be to take the first steps into finding a counsellor. Thank you for taking the time to look at my website.
I offer you a safe and welcoming environment in which we will work collaboratively to help you find ways to live your life in a more fulfilling, happy way. Counselling will give you the opportunity to explore and understand past and present issues.
We will be within a professional, confidential and non judgemental environment. Allowing you the time, space and support to make positive changes
I have extensive experience working with children and adolescents. I use play therapy (such as toys, arts and crafts, games) to aid the child in expressing themselves. I allow the child/adolescent the time and space to build trust and explore the difficulties they may be facing.
If you are considering counselling for your child and have any questions then please do not hesitate to give me a call/email. I am happy to help in any way I can.
I work in an integrative way, meaning I will use a variety of skills and techniques to aid us in moving forward. I combine techniques from the following approaches to counselling
- CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)
- TA (transactional analysis)
When working with young children I also use play therapy (such as toys, arts and crafts, games) to aid the child in expressing themselves.
I work with children (5+), adolescents and adults.
One to one sessions are 50 minutes long and cost £45.00.
I offer a reduced fee for those studying counselling and seeking personal therapy as a course requirement.
I have completed the following courses:
- AQA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- AQA Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- 6 week short course in Counselling Children and Young People
- 1 day workshop on OCD
- 1 day workshop on Mindfulness
- 1 day workshop on Self Harm
- 1 day workshop on Living With a Narcissist
- 1 day workshop on PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
- 2 day course on Psychological Trauma with Southend Mind
- 1 day workshop on animal assisted therapy
I have also been a volunteer counsellor for Place2Be, a charity organisation whom provide counselling within primary and secondary schools. Through Place2Be I completed the following workshops:
- Making endings with children
- Attachment theory and self awareness in the counsellor
- Working with children with SEN (special educational needs)
I currently work for a charity called Open Door. I work with young people (ages 5-25) mainly within a school environment. Through my work with Open Door I complete yearly Safeguarding training.
I have a full (and current) DBS, available to see upon request.