**I AM CURRENTLY UNABLE TO TAKE ANY FURTHER BOOKING. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I WILL UPDATE MY SITE AS AND WHEN THIS CHANGES. THANK YOU. **
Hi, my name is Poppy and I am a counsellor working in Southend (Essex). I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS). This means that I agree and abide by the code of ethics established by them, which can be found here; https://www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org/about-us/code-of-ethics/
Through personal experience I fully understand how challenging it can be to take the first steps into finding a counsellor. Thank you for taking the time to look at my website.
I offer you a safe and welcoming environment in which we will work collaboratively to help you find ways to live your life in a more fulfilling, happy way. Counselling will give you the opportunity to explore and understand past and present issues.
We will be within a professional, confidential and non judgemental environment. Allowing you the time, space and support to make positive changes.
I work in an integrative way, meaning I will use a variety of skills and techniques to aid us in moving forward. I combine techniques from the following approaches to counselling
- CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)
- TA (transactional analysis)
When working with young children I also use play therapy (such as toys, arts and crafts, games) to aid the child in expressing themselves.
I work with children (5+), adolescents and adults.
One to one sessions are 50 minutes long and cost £40.00.
I offer a reduced fee for those studying counselling and seeking personal therapy as a course requirement.
I have completed the following courses:
- AQA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- AQA Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- 6 week short course in Counselling Children and Young People
- 1 day workshop on OCD
- 1 day workshop on Mindfulness
- 1 day workshop on Self Harm
- 1 day workshop on Living With a Narcissist
- 1 day workshop on PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
- 2 day course on Psychological Trauma with Southend Mind
- 1 day workshop on animal assisted therapy
I have also been a volunteer counsellor for Place2Be, a charity organisation whom provide counselling within primary and secondary schools. Through Place2Be I completed the following workshops:
- Making endings with children
- Attachment theory and self awareness in the counsellor
- Working with children with SEN (special educational needs)
I currently work for a charity called Open Door. I work with young people (ages 5-25) mainly within a school environment. Through my work with Open Door I complete yearly Safeguarding training.
I have a full (and current) DBS, available to see upon request.